SoCal Legacy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[DTB] Merfolk

3 posters

Go down

[DTB] Merfolk Empty [DTB] Merfolk

Post by panderalexander Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:06 am

Here is the U/B list I've been running:

Main Deck
4 Cursecatcher
4 Coralhelm Commander
4 Lord Of Atlantis
4 Silvergill Adept
4 Merrow Reejerey
4 Force Of Will
4 Daze
3 Snuff Out
2 Spell Pierce
4 AEther Vial
3 Standstill
3 Island
3 Underground Sea
2 Polluted Delta
2 Misty Rainforest
2 Flooded Strand
4 Wasteland
4 Mutavault
qty: 60

Sideboard
2 Umezawa's Jitte
2 Perish
1 Nature's Ruin
3 Extirpate
2 Blue Elemental Blast
3 Pithing Needle
2 Echoing Truth

This is the list I have successfully ran to four consecutive top 8 in large prize tournaments (5 including mono-u). The sideboard as you can tell is very anti-Survival and would definitely change in the wake of the banning.

As good as Perish is in the side, I can't say enough about Snuff Out. It takes care of goyf, knight, lackey, lavamancer, and in a tournament once Dragon Stompy had cast 2nd turn Akroma. Also being able to kill a creature for free to cast Standstill. The black splash looks like it will be the best again with Survival bannings since Zoo will return as well as Tempo decks. Goyf will also be relevant again since Vengevine won't be munching on them.

I will be taking a break from Merfolk after playing it for 6 months and never missing a top 8. Though some believe it is super-easy to play, it is not auto-pilot (with one guy I won't name copying my 1st place list and going 0-6 at Knightware). I do not believe the L.A. meta (Knightware specifically) is very friendly for Merfolk, it is not dominated by blue and has many bad matchups. Merfolk is also the most played deck in the L.A. meta so many people are prepared with hate.
panderalexander
panderalexander

Back to top Go down

[DTB] Merfolk Empty Re: [DTB] Merfolk

Post by Antonius Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:08 pm

With survival gone, I think Mono U will go back to being the best of the Merfolk archetypes. Can't beat undisruptable mana and stifle.

Antonius

Back to top Go down

Post by panderalexander Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:14 pm

Survival was a better beatdown deck than Zoo causing the decline of Zoo. Now that Survival got the banhammer, Zoo should rise again so Perish would be pretty good otherwise Zoo is a pretty hard matchup.
panderalexander
panderalexander

Back to top Go down

Post by lorddotm Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:12 am

Antonius wrote:With survival gone, I think Mono U will go back to being the best of the Merfolk archetypes. Can't beat undisruptable mana and stifle.

Stifle is a terrible card.
lorddotm
lorddotm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum